We’ve been creating beautiful smiles in our Plymouth, MI dentist office for more than three decades. We’re proud to say some folks have been our patients for the entire time.Read Transcript
One of the technological advances that has come about in recent years is the move to digital X-rays. All the X-rays that we take nowadays are digital or digitized. What that means is that there’s an extreme reduction in the amount of radiation that the patient is exposed to; it’s generally about a third or less of the X-rays that we took years and years ago with traditional film. The other thing is that to see those X-ray pictures on a monitor and blow them up to whatever size we want to, apply special effects, invert them, and digitalize them and colorize them, just makes diagnosis of those dental X-rays so much more easier and accurate. It’s incredible. I was just, blown away the first time I saw it and said, “That’s something we’ve got to have”.
Another technological advance that we use is an instrument called the DIAGNOdent. It shoots a laser at the tooth and reads the image that comes back, or reads the data that comes back, much like a supermarket scanner does. The DIAGNOdent helps to diagnose cavities that are just starting out or that may be a little bit more difficult to diagnose. If there’s a brown spot on the tooth, the DIAGNOdent can tell you if it’s stain or if it’s actually decay because that can oftentimes be difficult to determine just visually.” title=”Doctor Douglas Callow on the advanced technology in the office
Though everyone has their individual reasons for sticking with a dentist, we think these are some of the common reasons our patients remain so loyal to us:
- Our dentist, Dr. Doug Callow, whom patients describe with words like “considerate” and “gentle”
- A family-friendly environment, complete with photos of our young patients displayed on our walls
- Free consultations
- Extended hours that make it easy to book dental appointments
To find out what inspires loyalty in so many of our patients, call Callow Family Dentistry at 734-404-7336.
We’re located on General Drive, conveniently near both Smith Elementary School and East Middle School. In addition to Plymouth and Plymouth Township, we serve the communities of Northville and Northville Township, MI; Canton, MI; and Livonia, MI.
We Provide Dental Services for Your Whole FamilyRead Transcript
One of the things that we can do to help patients feel more relaxed and comfortable is offer [inaudible] analgesia. [inaudible] is commonly known as “laughing gas”. It helps to take the edge off patients’ fears and to relax them and make them feel more at ease for their dental treatment. We provide that [inaudible] at no charge to our patients. I feel it’s very important that patients feel comfortable. I know there’s some other dental offices that do charge for [inaudible]. I don’t know of any dental offices that charge for Novocaine and yet, everybody likes the Novocaine because it makes them feel more comfortable and so, we also provide the [inaudible] at no charge.
We have pillows, an assortment of pillows, that patients can use to help with their comfort. Some patients feel more comfortable propped up and not so comfortable laying back. It helps to relax and make them feel more comfortable.” title=”Doctor Douglas Callow on the comfort options available at the office
With patients ranging in age from under 3 to over 90, we’ve obviously got services for everyone in your family. Among our services:
- Cosmetic dentistry, including Invisalign orthodontics and dental veneers
- General dentistry, including dental exams and gum disease treatment
- Restorative dentistry, including dental crowns and root canals
- Oral surgery, including tooth extractions
Your Family’s Comfort Is Important to Us
Our friendly team makes sure your entire family is comfortable while visiting our Plymouth, MI dentist office. Among the ways we do so:
- We use patient-friendly technologies like digital X-rays, an ultrasonic scaler, and an intraoral camera so your treatment is always quick and precise
- We numb you with local anesthesia for pain-free procedures and can offer dental sedation to soothe your nerves
- We keep our waiting room homey with toys for the kids and Wi-Fi access
- We offer amenities like headphones, blankets, and pillows while you’re in our chair
- We can customize treatment for your family members with, for example, longer appointment times