Now that it’s March, it’s time to start thinking about spring and everything it brings. Easter is a big part, but when the weather finally breaks and gets warmer, your family will be heading to important events (weddings, graduations, etc.) and playing outdoors (baseball, bike riding, etc.). You’re probably even planning the annual spring cleaning around the house.
But are your family’s smiles prepared for spring? If you have a smile that embarrasses you or one that’s already damaged, spring can be a tough time for teeth. That’s why you need to call Douglas A. Callow, D.D.S. at 734-404-7336 and make your next family dentistry appointment.
Smile In Photos
When do you find yourself attending weddings, graduation parties, and family reunions? Spring and summer are when many people host important events like these. That means your smile will feature in all those photos. And thanks to modern phones, sharing those pics with thousands (millions?) of people is easier than ever.
Don’t try to hide your smile and frown in every photo. Even your teens deserve cosmetic dentistry treatments so everyone feels confident and happy to smile. Here are some of the options available at our Plymouth, MI dentist’s office.
- Invisalign clear aligners: What teenager wants their crooked smile to be immortalized in a graduation photo? For that matter, what adult? Everyone in your family needs straight teeth to feel confident, but you don’t have to get metal braces anymore. Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that uses clear, smooth plastic trays that fit over your teeth. They work much faster than braces, and they are almost invisible when worn.
- Teeth contouring: Some people are born with irregular teeth. Others get them through accidents (chips, cracks) or simply by wearing down the biting surface. Either way, you end up with teeth that don’t exactly look great. With teeth contouring, Dr. Callow will gently reshape the enamel so the tooth looks normal and healthy.
- Teeth whitening: No one wants dark, dingy smiles. It can really make you feel like hiding your teeth instead of smiling for the photos. Don’t bother with OTC kits, as those have to be diluted and purposefully made weaker to be sold without a prescription. To get your teeth really white, you need the Venus White professional-strength teeth whitening system available from Dr. Callow.
- Dental veneers: Want to transform your smile quickly? Then you want dental veneers. These are shaped to match your teeth and get bonded to their front. This covers imperfections like chips or stains. As soon as they are placed, your smile looks amazing. You can choose from either e.max or porcelain veneers depending on your specific needs.
Be Safe Outside
Finally, it’s time to get outside and enjoy being active! Hockey is great, but there’s something about riding a bike, hiking through a park, or playing outdoor sports like football, basketball, and baseball. The problem? If your teeth are already damaged, the chance of making things worse through an injury goes way up.
That’s why your family needs restorative dentistry treatments like these before spring really appears. Here are some repairs you can get done to make sure your family’s smiles are strong enough.
- Dental crowns: Whether your tooth is weak from a cavity or previous damage, a dental crown will help a lot. These are caps shaped and colored to look like a healthy version of a damaged tooth. Dr. Callow will expertly place this over the tooth, sealing up damage and adding a protective layer so it’s stronger and healthier.
- Tooth-colored fillings: A cavity definitely needs to be repaired, but who wants silvery metal showing when they smile? That’s exactly why you can get composite fillings colored to match your enamel. They will strengthen the tooth to help prevent more damage, but they will blend in and be hard to notice.
- Root canals: When you have an infected tooth, it weakens the enamel from the inside out. Over time, that tooth will be prone to catastrophic damage like outright breaking. To save the tooth, you need a root canal that removes the infection. Add a dental crown, and that tooth is safe once more.
- Dental bridges: A gap in your smile left behind by a lost tooth needs to be filled. Otherwise, the teeth nearby lack support needed to stay healthy during an accident or injury. For a treatment that avoids surgery, you can get a dental bridge. This bonds a replacement tooth to the ones on either side of the gap.
- Dental implants: While dental bridges work great, they need to be replaced every 10 years or so. For a longer lasting option, you should go with a dental implant. This features an artificial tooth root that makes your replacement last a very long time. It also helps keep your jawbone from deteriorating, which can also help prevent new injuries.
Get Your Spring Cleaning
Spring is also a great time to clean up around the house. It could probably use a good cleaning after all those months indoors, but spring cleaning is also a great reminder for what you already need to do.
That goes for your family’s teeth as well. Everyone needs regular checkups and cleanings, and spring is a great time to get those done. Our entire team knows how to work with people of all ages, and Dr. Callow can see toddlers for “happy visits” to establish good dental experiences for the future. And even the best brusher in the world needs a dentist’s expertise and technology to help get their smiles as clean and healthy as possible.
Bring Your Whole Family
Spring is a time of renewal, so now’s the time to renew your family’s smiles. Whether it’s cosmetic dentistry treatments to look great in photos or restorative dentistry treatments to protect teeth, call Douglas A. Callow, D.D.S. today at 734-404-7336 or contact us through our online form. Family dentistry is designed to help kids, teens, and adults have the healthy, beautiful smiles they deserve.