While traditional dentures are a reliable tooth replacement option, there are some downsides. At mealtime, they can make it more difficult to enjoy your favorite foods. That’s because:Dr. Douglas A. Callow on the All-on-4 Dental Implants Read Transcript
One of the newest concepts in dental implants is something that's called an All-on-Four where four dental implants are placed in an arch, which has no teeth, and those dental implants are used to support a fixed, complete denture, and by fixed, we mean something which is not removable; it’s screwed into the implants. It stays in the mouth 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
And they're great, they’re amazing. It's just like having your natural teeth back. Patients who have complete dentures, it's like giving a second chance at life. It's getting the teeth back and allowing them the ability to smile, the ability to talk. They don't have to worry about adhesives, they don't have to worry about the denture coming out, and they don't have to worry about what they can eat. They can eat Milk Duds and caramels and licorice and things like that—even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So, the All-on-Four fixed complete denture is just an amazing appliance to replace missing teeth.
- Upper dentures cover your upper palate, which affects your ability to taste food
- Upper or lower dentures can slip out of place while you eat
Attaching your replacement teeth to dental implants can help you get more out of your meals! Your new teeth will be more secure, and you’ll enjoy a bite nearly as strong as you had with your natural teeth. We can even secure a full arch of replacement teeth with as few as four dental implants using an innovative procedure called All-on-4®.
Call Douglas A. Callow, DDS at 734-404-7336 for a complimentary dental implant consultation. With his 36 years of experience in the dentistry field, Douglas A. Callow, DDS, a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, is one of the most trusted dentist in the area.
What Is an All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure?
Using the All-on-4® procedure, an oral surgeon will precisely place your dental implants. The same day, Dr. Doug Callow will attach an arch of replacement teeth to the implants in your upper jaw, your lower jaw, or even both.
Advantages of an All-on-4 procedure include:
- With your upper palate exposed, you’ll be able to fully taste all of your favorite foods again
- You won’t need any messy adhesive to keep your replacement teeth in place
- Using fewer dental implants to secure replacement teeth means a faster placement procedure, and you’ll heal more quickly too
- With implants acting as replacement “tooth roots,” you won’t suffer as much bone loss as you would with traditional dentures
Experience Convenience, Comfort at Our Office
If you’ve got a busy schedule, our extended hours make it easier to get a dental appointment on your calendar. We’re open until 7 p.m. two nights a week, and we even offer Friday and Saturday hours.
While at our Plymouth, MI dentist office, you’ll enjoy:
- Wi-Fi access
- Headphones for listening to music while we work
- Blankets in case you get chilly in our chair
- A pillow to cushion your head
Interested in an All-on-4 dental implants procedure? Call Douglas A. Callow, DDS at 734-404-7336, or use our online form to contact us. We’re located in Plymouth, MI, a short drive from Westland Shopping Center.