Dentures remain a popular tooth replacement option, thanks to their affordability, versatility, and noninvasive nature. We offer multiple dentures options in our Plymouth, MI dentist office, one of which will work for you. For added stability and security, you can choose to get dentures that attach to dental implants.Doctor Douglas Callow on Dentures Read Transcript
Patients who are missing a lot of teeth or missing all of their teeth can benefit from either partial dentures or complete dentures. The partial dentures and complete dentures that we have available nowadays are way more advanced than the partial dentures and complete dentures that we had years ago. There are very many lifelike alternatives, both in the color, size, and shape of the teeth that we attach to the denture, and then also in the denture materials themselves. We spend an in-depth amount of time with patients talking about how they want their teeth to look, asking them if they have old photographs—maybe they have old photographs from high school when they had a full set of teeth—do they want them to look like that? Do they have a picture from a magazine or a celebrity or somebody who had teeth that they'd like their teeth to look like?
We had one gentleman who actually brought in a picture of his daughter. His daughter had very unique looking teeth with spaces here and there, but he said he loved his daughter, she's beautiful. He wanted his dentures—as a matter of fact it was an All-on-4 denture, a fixed complete denture—he wanted his denture to look like his daughter's teeth. We sure made him happy because they did. The materials, the choices of teeth, and the time that we spend with patients can go a long way towards making a denture that's very lifelike and comfortable.
Providing Multiple Dentures Options
Your dentures options include:
- Traditional full dentures. These are likely what you picture when you think of dentures. You can wear them in your upper jaw, your lower jaw, or both. You typically use adhesive to keep them in place. They are more comfortable and natural-looking than ever before, thanks to newer materials and manufacturing methods.
- Partial dentures. These dentures attach to adjacent teeth and can be used to replace just a few missing teeth. In addition to improving the look of your smile, they prevent teeth from shifting, which can cause dental problems.
- Dental implant dentures. Attaching dentures to dental implants gives you a smile that feels, looks, and functions more like your own. You won’t need any adhesive to keep your dentures secure, and they offer up to 90 percent of your natural bite strength.
We Keep Your Visits Convenient, Comfortable
As with any of our other dental services, we make it convenient and comfortable for you to visit our Plymouth, MI dentist office. So we offer:
- Extended hours. We’re open until 7 p.m. two nights a week and offer Friday and Saturday hours too.
- Free Wi-Fi. It’s easy to check email, or do anything else online, with our Wi-Fi access.
- Blankets and pillows. To stay cozy in our chair, we can give you a pillow and blanket.
- Headphones. If you want to listen to music while we work, we’ll provide headphones.
To find out more about dentures, call Douglas A. Callow, DDS at 734-404-7336. Or use our online form to make an appointment at our Plymouth, MI dentist office. We’re located near the USA Hockey Arena.